Thursday, 31 December 2009
Monday, 28 December 2009
An interesting range of fabric samples found if you search this blog:
Wednesday, 2 December 2009
- X 2 Final outcomes – Skirt & Corset
- X 2 sketchbooks – Main & Mini self directed (Independent study - Photography, sketches, textiles links, drawings of work inspired by your Unit 1 work )
- A blogspot that records your wok and shows Critical analysis
- A series of Large scale presentation boards in a medium of your choice - Be creative in presentation - You do not HAVE to spend a fortune on purchasing presentation boards - look at your project and decide on a medium to suit...They may include:
A board that investigates Architecture
A board that investigates Designers
Sketches – design development
Final designs and development of final solutions
Final 3D outcomes Photographed
Using Blogspots for research
Remember to use the blogspots listed here in order to further support your textile sampling development / designer understanding etc. You may find a technique / process / designer etc that we have not investigated in class that is specifically relevant to your project or a piece of work that is specifically relevant to your project. If so, record that information and explain how it could be used in your sketchbook. For example the recent update on this blog reminds me of the type of work Erin has been exploring in some of her fabric sampling. Now if Erin has not accessed this blogspot recently, she may not have seen this and cant cite it as research material in her work....
Assessment of your work
Textiles Design Specification - This is what you have to study over your two units of work. Unit 1 covers much of the specification. We then cover remaining point in Unit 2.
Examples of work provided by the Examination board
This is an piece of work that would have had a range of other pieces of work with it as well as a minimum of one sketchbook.
I will upload the work showed to you last week from the Examination meeting on friday - The disk does not like my Mac!
Wednesday, 11 November 2009
Remember they are part of a range- there must be a clear link!
- Sketchbook pages on T Shirts and any other direction you have taken as a result.
- Any development of accessories e.g. bows, flowers.
- Colour development
- Dyeing of the fabric
- Choice of fabric and accessories
T shirts to be handed in end of P1 Tuesday- you will have the lesson to complete any finishing touches, I suggest you have them almost finished before that due to usage of equipment and resources.
Be creative, ensure there is a clear link to your project so far.
They will look fab- experiment!!!
Wednesday, 4 November 2009
Use this as a checklist prior to submission on Friday.
You will be provided with you initial written formative feedback the following week.
Remember, some of you have been asked to produce a further 2-3 Textiles pieces that are reflective of your project. This must all be completed and handed in for assessment.
You will be marked on:
Artist Research x 2
Historical Corset Research
3D Corset development to date - submit toile and development process so far in sketchbook
Fabric samples in sketchbook
Extended fabric sampling developed Independently
Min of 4 Final Large scale Textile Outcomes
Initial t-shirt and skirt developments